Name: Nadia Martinez
Business Name: Kallie Shoes, LLC
Tell us about your business!
Kallie Shoes, LLC is a Not-Just-For-Profit-Company; our mission is to to provide comfortable and affordable shoes that never sacrifice style. At Kallie Shoes, we believe in the importance of making a difference in our communities. Which is why, we proudly support wounded veterans of the Semper Fi Fund by donating a percentage of our profits. Our company is PETA Approved Vegan; we do not use any animal products in the production of our shoes.
Why did you choose entrepreneurship?
It is who I am. Ever since I was a little girl, I knew I wanted to start a company that could give me the freedom to be my own boss, challenge myself and make a difference.
Why do military spouses make great entrepreneurs?
We make great entrepreneurs because we adapt to a variety of circumstances so often. Military spouses are resilient, strong, and making life work wherever it is we are helps us to deal with the constant challenges we face as entrepreneurs.
What is a "blocker" for you in business. What holds you back?
What *used* to hold me back were two things:
- Asking for help- I removed this blocker when I hired Justine, my social media master who has helped me tremendously in the growth of the company.
- Not getting clear on what I really wanted and what I wanted to achieve as a business owner. I fixed this by spending more time planning and manifesting my desires.
How has being a military spouse changed your for the better?
It's made me stronger! Being strong was often the only option I had to get through my husband's deployments, while I was working, volunteering, going to college and taking care of our daughter. I've also learned that sometimes being in one place may not be what I want, but it is what I needed.
What strengths do you possess, that you did not know you had, until you became an entrepreneur?
It turns out I am creative, and I can motivate people like if it was my only purpose in this world!
What would you tell a milspo entrepreneur who is feeling discouraged?
Keep moving forward. We all go through those moments, and the best you can do is focus on your ultimate goal and keep pushing. Avoid any distractions, and do your best to stay on track. I have a system that I use to:
- Be productive
- Remain motivated.
- Make progress.
I do something almost every day that will help me to reach those goals. It can be reading, writing something for my business blog, start a flash sale, connect with my brand ambassador ladies, design something for social media, etc. It doesn't matter the size of the project; it will help you to avoid discouragement and self-doubt.
What are your five favorite things that you can not live without as a milspo entrepreneur?
- Daily devotions from a Year in Miracles by Marianne Williamson. That quick page helps me to start my day with the right attitude.
- The Eric Thomas/Les Brown video "The most motivational speech ever" find it on Youtube! It's part of my daily ritual.
- My computer.
- My E-commerce platform app.
- I dislike admitting this, but my iPhone. This device helps me keep track of my company when I don't have access to my computer.
What is the most amazing thing you have experienced in your business thus far?
I would have to say three things:
- Making my first profit donation to the Semper Fi Fund.
- Donating free shoes to teenage homeless girls.
- Financing my own business with my own income.
How do you want to be remembered?
I would like to be remembered as a woman who believed in her goals, who did not give up when things got tough, and most importantly as a woman who made a difference in the lives of others with her company.
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/kallieshoes