Dear Friend of The MILSPO Project,

     The MILSPO Project is a not for profit organization founded in 2014 to help military spouse entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses. Did you know 85 percent of military spouses want or need work? Because of this, entrepreneurship is a common career path for many Armed Forces spouses. Despite education and experience, female military spouses in particular, are employed at lower rates and earn less than female civilian spouses on average. This is important considering the current income disparity between men and women in the United States.

     Throughout the last year, The MILSPO Project has attempted to change these statistics and make entrepreneurship easier for the milspouse community. In August 2014, we hosted our first ever EMBARK business and career conference where nationally-recognized guest speakers, entrepreneurs, and professors spoke on business formation, accounting, branding and leadership. In addition to our free online content which includes a weekly military spouse spotlight, we have successfully launched four MILSPO Project Chapters throughout the Southeast since January 2015.

     As you know, starting an organization is expensive, and this year is a BIG year for The MILSPO Project. We are trying to raise $50,000 to cover start-up costs, online resources, career conference expenses, and chapter meet-up fees. Given these recent costs, The MILSPO Project is fortunate to have supporters like you.

     On March 26, 2015 we will be hosting our first ever Independence Gala, named for milspouse career independence, at Vizcaya Villa in Fayetteville, NC and you are invited! All proceeds from the event will go directly back to helping military spouse business owners, speaker costs for Embark, and e-course builders, (no seriously, this organization is run completely on a volunteer basis, no salaries or employee benefits!)

     At the Independence Gala, not only will a full service catered dinner and live music be provided, we will auction and raffle massages, jewelry, photography packages, hot air balloon rides, heirloom art pieces, and even one week vacations in Vail, Colorado and Colonial Williamsburg. Our goal is to raise $20,000 at this conference, and you can help us achieve it!

     How you may ask? It is as simple as buying a table! Here are some of the perks:

- 10 tickets total for your business partners, colleagues, friends, or family!
- Free raffle tickets to a "sponsors only" raffle for the whole table. This leads to more opportunities to win due to a smaller pool!
-“VIP Wine and Gourmet Cheese Appetizer” exclusive to sponsor tables.
-Business name and logo on your table.
-Handwritten thank you card from your organization to your guests on behalf of The
 MILSPO Project at each place setting at your table.
-Business name and logo on the evening program.
-Business name and logo on all marketing materials from now until the event.
-Not to mention it is a savings of $50 when buying tickets individually!

    Individual tickets are sold at $75 per person. Your table sponsorship includes the aforementioned benefits for $700 total. 70% of your table cost goes directly to the EMBARK conference while the other 30% covers the expenses of this evening. Your generous sponsorship will help The MILSPO Project help military spouses find career satisfaction and success. Military families say they want more than a job to cover their expenses, they want the opportunity to continue and thrive in their careers and grow professionally. You can help them do just that.

Thank you so much for your generosity and support.

Kindly,
Elizabeth D. Boardman
President, Co-Founder
The Milspo Project
elizabeth@themilspoproject.com
406-529-5900

Comment